Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
The CSCP programme is a new industry educational certification programme that has been created to meet the rapidly changing needs of the supply chain professional. This programme was launched in 2005 and since then 6500 CSCP's have achieved their designation globally.
The CSCP programme takes a broad view of the supply chain management field extending beyond internal operations to encompass all the steps throughout the supply chain - from supplier, through the company to the end consumer. The CSCP provides you with the knowledge to effectively manage the integration of these activities to maximize a company's value chain.
Benefits of the CSCP
- Improve productivity by looking outside of internal operations and through the entire supply chain.
- Create and execute supply chain strategy to meet customer needs, reduce costs, an increase profits.
- Incorporate your end to end view of the supply chain into organisational activities
Who should pursue the CSCP Designation?
- People seeing in depth knowledge of their company's supply chain
- Employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration
- Innovators promoting global supply chain management
- Mangers working to affect lead time, inventory, productivity and profits
Module One: Supply chain management fundamentals
- Explore how successful supply chain management adds value to your organisation
- Understand the supply chain management process
- Develop a supply chain strategy that aligns with corporate strategy
- Assess and measure the effectiveness of supply chains
- Establish a continuous improvement process of supply chains
- Understand the importance of supply chain design and its continually evolving capabilities
Module Two: Building competitive operations planning and logistics
- Understand natural dynamics within the supply chain to optimise performance and increase profitability.
- Assess the value of demand and reduce complexity in demand planning
- Establish collaborations to replace or improve demand estimates
- Include supply chain factors in product designs
- Align distribution and transportation options with supply chain strategy
- Develop and implement plans for using 3PL and 4PL service providers
- Understand the importance of reverse logistics
Module Three: Managing Customer and Supplier relationships
- Categorise customers based on their profiles and needs
- Understand customer loyalty and lifetime value of a customer
- Establish measures of customer satisfaction
- Understand the strategic Importance of Purchasing and supplier relationships
- Establish a supplier rating system
- Effectively use customer data to improve service performance and increase value to suppliers and customers
Module Four: Using Information Technology to enable Supply Chain Management
- Understand the role of data and information technology in support of the supply chain
- Learn how technology-enabled supply chains contribute to business strategies and operating plans
- Explore the IT infrastructure as it relates to the comprehensive set of supply chain management systems
- Understand the innovative technologies enabling collaborative commerce and global visibility
- Apply technology to enhance distribution, reverse logistics and global supply chain communications
The CSCP can be successfully completed in 3 months, however most students prefer 6 months as this is an intense learning intervention.
- Self Study
- Participative workshops
- Blended Learning
To be eligible to study the CSCP a candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- CPIM, CFPIM,CIRM or CPM designation plus 2 years related business experience
- Five years related business experience
N.B. individual must submit an eligibility form to APICS and receive an acceptance letter from them prior to purchasing material. Failure to comply may result in APICS rejecting your exam registration at a later date. Click here for your eligibility form
Once you have completed your CSCP it will need to be maintained, visit here for more information.
Exams and Assessments
You will take an APICS international Examination which assesses you by a series of multiple choice questions (click here for further info). These exams are scored based on a scored scale, more information about this can be found (click here for details on scaled Scoring)